It's All About the Learning

Hello! And welcome to my blog!

Well . . . if there's been an underlying theme to my
life, I'd have to say that "it's all about the learning."
"They" say that one's character is revealed in response
to life's difficulties. I've come to believe that the measure
of a person is not only in how one responds to what life
offers up, but also, what one learns from it and what one
does with that learning. As for me, I will share my
learnings. So, in this blog, in addition to just "this-is-
what's-happening-in-my-life" posts, you will likely see,
"this-is-what-I-learned" posts. My hope is that in sharing
them, maybe you can avoid a pothole or two along your
road. Do with them all what you will.

All the best, Corrinn

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

6/21/10 - Full Day 1 - Well, we got up and went to a yummy breakfast (bacon, eggs, french toast and potatoes) and then the 3 of us that were using Thacher horses got taken to the turnouts to meet them. My guy is Badger. (I forgot to take a pic of him, but will today.) We brought our horses into the arena and did some ground work for the morning, including saddling and bridling and then broke for lunch. After lunch, Richard played with 3 of the participants horses that were having issues in the morning, so we could all ride at night.



We took a break at around 3:45, so I went to get Fame and played with him and was actually able to get a saddle on him again. Thank heaven! Then we took a walk (me leading him) around the very beautiful grounds. We had dinner at 5:30 and then saddled up and rode to the gymkhana field which is HUGE, where we all warmed our horses up by trotting and loping and then played partner games Richard explained to us. We got back to the barn at around 8:30 at which point I tucked the horses in and went promptly to bed completely, deliciously exhuasted. Great first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers